Temecula-Elsinore-Anza-Murrieta Resource Conservation District
Next Meeting
Thursday, May 13, 2021 4:00 pm
Truax Building
41923 Second Street, Fourth Floor
Temecula, CA 92590



Resource Conservation District

Regular Board Meeting

Thursday, August 11, 2016 – 4:00 p.m.

Truax Building

41923 Second Street, Fourth Floor

Temecula, CA 91590


Items may be added to the Agenda in accordance with section 54954.2(b)(2) of the Government Code (Brown Act), upon a determination by a two-thirds vote of the members of the legislative body present at the meeting, or, if less than two-thirds of the members are present, a unanimous vote of those members present, that there is a need to take immediate action and that the need for action came to the attention of the Temecula-Elsinore-Anza-Murrieta Resource Conservation District after the agenda was posted.


Call to Order – Pledge of Allegiance

Roll Call/Establish a Quorum

Approval of Agenda

Public Comment

Any person may address the Board at this time upon any subject not identified on this Agenda but within the jurisdiction of the Temecula-Elsinore-Anza-Murrieta Resource Conservation District. Please note that for items not listed on the agenda, the Brown Act imposes limitations on what the Board may do at this time. The Board may not take action on the item at this meeting. As to matters on the Agenda, persons will be given an opportunity to address the Board when the matter is considered. If you wish to speak during public comment, please fill out a “Speaker Request Form” and give it to the Board Secretary. When the Board President calls your name, please immediately begin by giving your name and address for the record. Each speaker will be given three (3) minutes to address the Board.


Consent Calendar items are expected to be routine and non-controversial, to be acted upon by the Board at one time without discussion. All items appearing on the Consent Calendar may be disposed of by a single motion. Items shall be removed from the Consent Calendar if any member of the Board of Directors, staff member, or interested person requests removal prior to a vote on a motion to approve the items. Such items shall be considered separately for action by the Board.

  1. Consider approval of Minutes of the Board of Directors Regular Meeting of June 9, 2016.

  1. Consider approval for current and past Months Financials: June and July 2016 Financials and Management Reports for June and July 2016.

  1. Consider Approval for current bills and reimbursements

  1. Bills to be paid or reimbursements

Bills Paid:

  1. SDRMA -$1133.00- Check 1151- for Annual Insurance

  2. County of Riverside-Check #1153-$106.53-Lafco Feeds

  3. American Express-Kwik Print-Copies for file reconstruction-$186.94

Bills to be paid:

  1. Mission RCD-Check #1154-$830.00 for water audits-Cohen/Donovan

  2. Mission RCD-Check #1155-$670.00 for post and pre-audits-Conley/Brown

  3. Big Horse Feed-#1157-$80.99 Reimbursement for transcription expense and misc expenses-

  4. Renewal of ISC e-mail and website contract-Check # 1158-Moved to October 1 to make billings concurrent for both- $850.00

  1. Refunds-$9.71- From SDRMA-Pro-rated amount for adjustment to office equipment that had been on the policy.

Approve all Correspondence and General information listed below as received on Consent Calendar

  1. Copy of signed resolution No. 2016-01 –Resolution of the Temecula-Elsinore-Anza-Murrieta Resource Conservation District supporting and adopting the upper Santa Margarita Watershed Integrated Regional Water Management Plan.

  2. SDRMA-Letter of appreciation for renewing our insurance for another year and members certificate of coverage

  3. American Express – Card member agreement

  4. CSDA –Proposed CSDA Bylaws Updates-Take effect on July 1, 2016

  5. CSDA Special Board Elections –Ballots to be returned by August 5, 2016.

  6. Letters from individuals asking for our vote for the CSDA Board from bill Nelson, John DeMonaco, and Ronald Coats.

  7. CSDA e-newsletter-From Neil McCormick- Information regarding state legislative issues and activities that affect all Special Districts.

  8. Letter of instruction to Union Banc Investment Services for change in Officer positions, notary and resolution

  9. Notice of Intent to Circulate Petition for Reorganization to Include Annexation 84 to the City of Lake Elsinore and Concurrent Detachment from the Riverside County Waste Resources Management District.

  10. Notice of Availability of a Draft Environmental Impact Report-Ambient Communities-City of Temecula

  11. Notice of Availability/Notice of completion of mitigated negative declaration-Completion by City of Lake Elsinore on the Residential Design Review 2014-05, Lakepointe Apartments.

  12. Notifications from Union Bank. They send these out when there is any change in the account. In this particular case it is adding Carol Lee Brady to the accounts and taking Danny Martin off.

  13. SDRMA 2016-2017 Lifelock Discounts for members

  14. NACD Newletter-7-1-2016-Covers National resource Conservation legislation and announcements.

  15. NACD Weekly news Brief-Week of July 5, 2016

  16. NACD Conservation Clip List- Week of July 8, 2016

  17. NACD Weekly News Briefs- Week of July 12, 2016

  18. Target Solutions Complimentary Member benefit-Training Tracking system for Special Districts.

  19. NACD Weekly News Brief-Week of July 19, 2016

  20. NACD Conservation Clip List – Week of July 22, 2016

  21. NACD Weekly News Briefs –Week of July 26, 2016

  22. NACD Conservation Clip List-Week of July 29, 2016

  23. Notice Announcing City Council Workshop-July 28, 2016 for proposted Altair Specific plan.

  24. Planning Commission of Lake Elsinore- Public hearing Notice-Residential Design Review to be held on July 19, 2016 for a 150 multi-family project next to Lakeside High School.

  25. Public hearing-Planning Commission City of Lake Elsinore- August 2, 2016 regarding a residential Design Review for same as item 23.

  26. NACD Weekly new brief –Week of 8-2-2016


  1. So Cal Region Updates –August 2016-Includes Resource Conservation Districts County Investment Request, RCD County Funding Request and the MOU between the County of Sonoma, the Sonoma Resource RCD and the Gold Ridge RCD

  2. The final version of the Santa Margarita River Estuary Model Application report can be found at: http://www.sccwrp.org/Documents.aspx


  1. Discussion and potential approval of new logo for TEAM RCD-All

  2. Update on credit card for TEAM RCD-Rose Corona

  3. Discussion and update on meeting with RCA regarding potential MOU and partnership with TEAM RCD. Discussion and potential approval of a draft MOU between RCA and TEAM RCD, with authorization for the President or appointed Board member to sign the MOU if there is little or no change to the MOU. Also update on Morgan Hill project-Melissa Cushman/Rose Corona/Rick Neugebauer

  4. 2016 Local Agency Biennial Notice-Conflict of Special Interest Codes-Direction and authorization for District Counsel to draft a Conflict of Special Interest Code to be adopted by the Board within 90 days. Also to make any changes regarding the Codes to reflect the new name of Temecula-Elsinore-Anza-Murrieta Resource Conservation District-Rose Corona/Melissa Cushman

  5. Discussion and potential approval to direct District Counsel to create and extension of the existing water audit agreement and President between Mission RCD and Team RCD since Rancho Water District has decided to extend the existing agreement until December 31, 2016. Also discussion and potential approval to authorize the President or appointed Board member to sign agreement if there are little or no changes to the existing agreement.-Melissa Cushman/Rose Corona

  6. Information on the CSDA Annual Conference in San Diego Oct. 10-13. Discussion and potential approval to send one Board Member or Associate Director to the Conference and pay expenses for registration, meals and gas to and from convention.-All

  7. Update on drafts of Ongoing MOU’s with other RCD’s in our area (Inland Empire, San Jacinto, Antelope Valley etc.-Rose Corona

  8. Discussion and update on meeting with Fish and Wildlife-Dave Kuhlman/Rick Neugebauer

  9. Discussion and potential approval to hire a service to provide basic administrative help on a part time basis for basic clerical help-Carol Lee Brady/Rose Corona

  10. Discussion and potential approval of Audit Services for year ending June 30, 2016.Also discussion of legislation AB 2613 which authorizes additional alternatives to the annual audit requirements for special districts that have annual revenues below $150,000. –Carol Lee Brady


1. Discussion and update of Country Roads Maintenance Agreement-Rose Corona

2. Discussion and potential approval to direct District Counsel to create a proposal for endowment for Benton Channel project and to direct the President to draft a letter to Flood Control regarding the current Maintenance agreements with Valley Wide-Rose Corona/Melissa Cushman/Rick N

3. Discussion and update on RFP’s for conservation easements.-Carol Lee Brady,Rick N

4. Water Audit updates-Dave McElroy

5. De Luz Wetland Restoration Project-Homeowner Fish and Wildlife Violation-Rick Neugebauer

6. Update on Meadowview project –Bob Hewitt


  1. Discussion and potential approval to Direct President and District Counsel to collaborate with Mission RCD on a resolution for a recommendation to the CARCD and Center for Conservation Strategies to provide baseline funding for Resource Conservation Districts-Rose Corona/Judy Mitchell via phone.


1. District Counsel Gregory P. Priamos/Melissa R. Cushman

2. TEAMRCD Director Reports Open

Rose Corona Update –Reconstructing files

Dave Kuhlman

Carol Lee Brady

Vicki Long

Michael Newcomb

3. Associate Director Reports Open

Rick Neugebauer

Dave McElroy

Randy Feeney

4. SAWA/Fire Safe Reports Rick Neugebauer, Representative

5. Bob Hewitt-NRCS


  1. Conference with legal counsel-anticipated litigation. Potential initiation of litigation pursuant to subdivision (d)(4) of Government Code Section 549569:one potential case


  1. Update, discussion and potential approval on potential projects for High School volunteer hours-Mike Newcomb

  2. Update and discussion regarding ad hoc committee for additional content for website and potential approval for process in presentation of content to the Board for approval and approval of content by Counsel.

  3. Discussion and possible approval of creating policy for e-mail use-Carol Lee Brady

  4. Discussion and possible approval of creation of ad-hoc committee to create more specific board procedures and policies

  5. Discussion and potential approval to begin scanning and digitizing files-Rose Corona



Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by §202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation on order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the District at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.

Next Meeting: September 8, 2016