Elsinore-Murrieta-Anza Resource Conservation District
Regular Board Meeting
Thursday, March 10, 2016 – 4:00 p.m.
41923 Second Street, Fourth Floor
Temecula, CA 91590
ADDING URGENCY ITEMS TO THE AGENDA:
I. PRELIMINARY FUNCTIONS
Call to Order – Pledge of Allegiance
Roll Call/Establish a Quorum
Approval of Agenda
Any person may address the Board at this time upon any subject not identified on this Agenda but within the jurisdiction of the Elsinore-Anza-Murrieta Resource Conservation District. Please note that for items not listed on the agenda, the Brown Act imposes limitations on what the Board may do at this time. The Board may not take action on the item at this meeting. As to matters on the Agenda, persons will be given an opportunity to address the Board when the matter is considered. If you wish to speak during public comment, please fill out a “Speaker Request Form” and give it to the Board Secretary. When the Board President calls your name, please immediately begin by giving your name and address for the record. Each speaker will be given three (3) minutes to address the Board.
II. CONSENT CALENDAR
Consent Calendar items are expected to be routine and non-controversial, to be acted upon by the Board at one time without discussion. All items appearing on the Consent Calendar may be disposed of by a single motion. Items shall be removed from the Consent Calendar if any member of the Board of Directors, staff member, or interested person requests removal prior to a vote on a motion to approve the items. Such items shall be considered separately for action by the Board. by the Board.
Consider approval of Minutes of the Board of Directors Regular Meeting of February 11, 2016.
Consider approval for current and past Months Financials: February 2016 Financials and Management Reports for January and February.
Consider Approval for current bills and reimbursements
Bills to be paid or reimbursements
Glennie’s Office Products- Office Supplies-$207.27
Landmark Business Services-$119.88 for yearly fee for Quickbooks in the Cloud Accounting:(9.99 per month)
Big Horse Feed-Reimbursement-Transcriptions/Post Office reimbursements-$157.03 ( Please note that mistake was made in November 2015 for reimbursement. Bill was for $602.62 and check was written for $582.75. Payment for copies for $19.87 left out.)
Approve all Correspondence listed below as received on Consent Calendar
City of Lake Elsinore-Notice of availability/notice of completion of a mitigated negative declaration.
City of Lake Elsinore-Notice of Public Hearing on Feb. 16, 2016 to consider a request by Castle and Cooke for approval of Alberhill Villages Specific Plan
SDRMA letter for Renewal Questionnaire-Done and completed via internet. This allow District to receive a $150.00 discount credit for the 2016-17 yearly renewal fee. Renewal has been completed.
SDRMA Letter announcing there will be no rate increases for the Property/Liability Program.
Letter informing Mission Resource Conservation District that their bid has been accepted for water audits
Letters to Profitable Crop Production and Baker and Associates informing them that another firm had been chosen for water audits.
Management Representation Letter from Nigro and Nigro.
Final Audit Report for 2014-2015 from Nigro and Nigro.
Request to be placed on Audit RFP List from Fedak and Brown LLP CPA firm. Contacted and noted that they will be added to Audit RFP list.
Letter from Betty Yee for Government Compensation in California reports for 2015. Filed and received with GCC
Updated address to GCC acknowledgement
Verizon bill informing District that there is still a credit of $68.14. Check has arrived.
Letter from Fechter and Company requesting to be included in yearly bid for annual audit. Contacted and noted they will be put on the Audit RFP list.
Letter from US Department of Commerce-Economics Statistics Administration U.S. Census Bureau regarding 2017 Census of Government Units Survey.
Signed copy of extension of RCWD Contract
Copy of Signed MOU with Mission RCD
Notice of Public Hearing of LAFCO for Thursday March 24, 2016 regarding reviewing negative declaration prepared by Temescal Valley Water District.
CARCD-SoCal Inland Area Fall Area Meeting Information
EMARCD Area Meeting Report: Fall 2015
Appointment and Oath of Office – Michael Newcomb
County of Riverside Treasurer and Tax Collector Office-Notification of tax sale for tax-defaulted properties
(Further information on correspondence available by request)
III. ACTION ITEMS/ DISCUSSION CALENDAR
Discussion and potential vote to fill seat of former President and other Director seats if necessary as a result of vote.
Discussion and potential approval of dates for Spring Area Meeting and menu costs. Also discussion on recommendations for speakers-Mike Newcomb
Discussion of Bear Creek and Fairway Estates HOA extension of contract for additional work. Update and general discussion as direction Board may want to consider as to future work with HOA’s.-Rick Neugebauer/Rose Corona
Discussion and possible approval of on going MOU with Mission RCD-Rose Corona
Discussion and possible approval of RCRCD to visit Clinton Keith Property and to do a report for EMARCD and CDFW- Cost will be $285.82-Rose Corona
Discussion and possible approval for Requests for Proposals from Accounting Firms for Annual End of Year Accounting and Annual Audits to include submission of Annual Report to State. Discussion and approval to give authority to Board Member to create and submit RFP’s to firms with approval with review and consent of Counsel in order to obtain bids by next meeting.-Rose Corona
Discussion and possible approval to hire an outside accountant to reconstruct developer files as per the audit findings.
8. Discussion and potential approval of potential collaboration with High Schools and other volunteer opportunities for community service hours.-Mike Newcomb
9. Discussion of Website Ad Hoc Committee and Administrative access and procedure to website-Carol Lee Brady
10. Discussion and potential approval to direct District Counsel to draft a letter to Bear Creek Master Association for payment of bill for vegetation removal that is presently 3 months past due.
11. Discussion of contact from Gonzalez Environmental wanting mitigation monitoring for a client in Murrieta-Rick Neugebauer
IV. OLD BUSINESS
1.Discussion of Brown Act for board members-Melissa Cushman.
2. Update on letter advising LAFCO of MOU with Mission Resource Conservation District.-Melissa Cushman
3. Water Audits and website-Rose Corona/Randy Feeney
4. Discussion and possible approval of creating policy for e-mail use-Carol Lee Brady
5. Update and Discussion on the Proposed Benton Channel Agreement and City of Murrieta Mitigations.-Rick Neugebauer.
6. Reminder that all form 700’s must be submitted no later than April 1, 2016 to the Clerk of the Board. We are asking that all Board Directors and Associate Directors bring originals to the March 10 meeting or get them to the Acting President as soon as possible if you did not bring them to the last meeting. The Clerk of the Board needs original signatures so they will not accept copies. Please make copies for your own records. Information for Form 700’s has been sent to all EMARCD e-mails however can be accessed at:
http:/www.fppc.ca.gov/content/dam/fppc/NS-Documents/TAD/Form%20700/2015/Form 700 2015.2016.pdf
Presently missing Form 700 from Rick Neugebauer, Dave Kuhlman, Vicki Long
7. Discussion of Long Term Streambed Agreement and report deadline-Rose Corona
V. NEW BUSINESS
Discussion of Morgan Heights Agreement–CDFW Certification-Vicki Long
Discussion and possible approval of creation of ad-hoc committee to create more specific board procedures and policies.
Meadowview Project-Carol Lee Brady
VI. ORAL/WRITTEN REPORTS
1. District Counsel Melissa Cushman and/or Gregory P. Priamos
2. EMARCD Director Reports Open
Rose Corona Santa Margarita Watershed Nutrient Initiative-
Stakeholder Group-See February 11 packet
Carol Lee Brady
3. Associate Director Reports Open
Dave McElroy Update on Water Audits, advertising/program
Randy Feeney Update on website-Agenda packets, water
Audit information on site and other
4. SAWA/Fire Safe Reports Rick Neugebauer, Representative
VIII. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
ADA COMPLIANCE STATEMENT:
Next Meeting: April 14, 2016