Resource Conservation District
Regular Board Meeting
Thursday, July 9th – 4:00 p.m.
41923 Second Street, Fourth Floor
Temecula, CA 92590
ADDING URGENCY ITEMS TO THE AGENDA:
Items may be added to the Agenda in accordance with section 54954.2(b)(2) of the Government Code (Brown Act), upon a determination by a two-thirds vote of the members of the legislative body present at the meeting, or, if less than two-thirds of the members are present, a unanimous vote of those members present, that there is a need to take immediate action and that the need for action came to the attention of the Temecula-Elsinore-Anza-Murrieta Resource Conservation District after the agenda was posted.
I. PRELIMINARY FUNCTIONS
Call to Order – Pledge of Allegiance
Roll Call/Establish a Quorum
Approval of Agenda
Public Comment Any person may address the Board at this time upon any subject not identified on this Agenda but within the jurisdiction of the Temecula-Elsinore-Anza-Murrieta Resource Conservation District. Please note that for items not listed on the agenda, the Brown Act imposes limitations on what the Board may do at this time. The Board may not take action on the item at this meeting. As to matters on the Agenda, persons will be given an opportunity to address the Board when the matter is considered. If you wish to speak during public comment, please fill out a “Speaker Request Form” and give it to the Board Secretary. When the Board President calls your name, please immediately begin by giving your name and address for the record. Each speaker will be given three (3) minutes to address the Board.
II. CONSENT CALENDAR
Consent Calendar items are expected to be routine and non-controversial, to be acted upon by the Board at one time without discussion. All items appearing on the Consent Calendar may be disposed of by a single motion. Items shall be removed from the Consent Calendar if any member of the Board of Directors, staff member, or interested person requests removal prior to a vote on a motion to approve the items. Such items shall be considered separately for action by the Board.
1. Consider approval of Minutes of the Board of Directors Regular Meeting of June 11, 2020 and Minutes of the Board of Directors Special Meeting of June 22, 2020.
2. Consider approval for current Financials and Management Reports for period ended June 30, 2020.
3. Consider approval for current bills and reimbursements:
a) Bills Paid:
1. American Express, $41.08 - Go Transcripts
2. BB&K Inv. #874197, $2,981.00 – Legal Services
3. Deborah Getty, Inv.#0060, $464.00 – Administration
b) Bills to be paid or reimbursements:
1. SAWA Inv. #2020-63 $3,221.87 – Flood Control Projects/Collaboration
c) Accounts Receivable:
Approve all Correspondence and General information listed below as received on Consent Calendar
IV. GENERAL INFORMATION –CORRESPONDENCE GENERAL
1. BB&K Legal Alerts – 06/05/20, 06/08/20,06/16/20,06/23/20,06/24/20,06/25/20.
2. CARCD Weekly Digest – 06/04/20,06/10/20,06/15/20,06/22/20.
3. CSDA- 06/11/20, 06/16/20,06/23/20,06/30/20.
4. Riverside County Watershed Protection- 06/01/20.
5. River Network – 06/11/20, 06/16/20.
6. NACD eResource – 06/09/20, 06/16/20,06/30/20.
7. Cal Pers Circular Letters – 05/08/20, 05/15/20, 06/12/20,06/15/20.
8. City of Murrieta – Notice of Availability of a Draft Environmental Impact Report for the Costco/Vineyard II Retail Development Project.
9. Signed Oath of Office – Director Newt Parkes
10. Letter dated June 16, 2020 to Ms. Biancardi & Ms. McKenna Lanier regarding Meadowview Project Phase II.
11. Follow up email dated June 23, 2020 to Ms. Biancardi & Ms. McKenna Lanier regarding Hydrology Report.
12. Response Letter dated June 22, 2020 to Ms. Nelson confirming receipt of letter dated June 15, 2020.
13. DOC Grant App email and supporting documentation to include 2020 RCD FAP Application and Resolution, Eligibility Packet, 2020-21 Work Plan, Long Range Plan and Cover Letter.
VI. ACTION ITEMS/ DISCUSSION CALENDAR
1. Discussion and review of letter sent to Board by Pam Nelson regarding potential mitigation bank in the Watershed- Rose Corona
a. Pam Nelson to speak on subject
2. Discussion and Potential Approval for Funding Agreement for the Watershed Management Program for the Santa Margarita Region-Rose Corona
VII. OLD BUSINESS
1. Update on Homeless Monitoring-Newt Parkes
2. Update and discussion on AEIP and CropSwap reports - Lisa Battiato (information included in packet)
3. Update CDFW cannabis program – Stacy Kuhns
4. Update and discussion on flood control projects – Rose Corona
5. NRCS -Robert Hewitt
VIII. NEW BUSINESS
1. Discussion and potential approval to appoint ad-hoc committee for hiring potential District Manager-Rose Corona
IX. ORAL/WRITTEN REPORTS
1. TEAMRCD Director Reports Open
2. Associate Director Reports Open
3. SAWA/Fire Safe Reports Rick Neugebauer, Representative
X. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
ADA COMPLIANCE STATEMENT:
Upon request, this agenda will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, as required by §202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation on order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the District at least 48 hours before the meeting, if possible.
Next Meeting: August 13, 2020 at 4:00 PM Regular Meeting