Temecula-Elsinore-Anza-Murrieta Resource Conservation District
Next Meeting
Thursday, January 9, 2019 4:00 PM
Truax Building
41923 Second Street, Fourth Floor
Temecula, CA 92590

MINUTES

Temecula-Elsinore-Anza-Murrieta Resource Conservation District

Special Board Meeting

Monday, August 5, 2019 at 10:00 AM

Truax Building

41923 Second Street, Fourth Floor

Temecula, CA 92590

 

I. PRELIMINARY FUNCTIONS

 

Call to Order, 10:00 a.m., meeting recorded by Rose Corona

 

Roll Call/Establish a Quorum

 

Directors Present: Rose Corona (President), Randy Feeney (Director), Stacy Kuhns (Director)

 

Directors Absent: Dave Kuhlman (Vice President)

 

Associate Directors Present: Newt Parkes, Rick Neugebauer

 

Associate Directors Absent: None

 

Office Manager: Barb Dalton – Present

 

District Counsel: Ward Simmons, Best, Best & KriegerAbsent

 

Natural Resources Conservation District (NRCS): Robert Hewitt – Absent

 

Guest Speakers: Mandy Parkes, IE Resource Conservation District

 

Public Guests: None

 

Approval of Agenda

President Corona called for a motion to approve the agenda.

Director Kuhns moved and Director Feeney seconded. Motion passed unanimously 3-0.

 

PUBLIC COMMENT

None

 

II. CONSENT CALENDAR, CORRESPONDENCE & GENERAL INFORMATION

 

President Corona called for a motion to approve the consent items, consent calendar, financials, and correspondence and Director Feeney moved and Director Kuhns seconded. Motion passed unanimously 3-0

 

III. ACTION ITEMS/ DISCUSSION CALENDAR

 

Item 1: Discussion and potential approval for 2019-2020 revised Budget.

President Corona stated we had to amend the previously approved budget due to SAWA stopping the Board stipend. President Corona made a motion to approve the revised budget. Director Feeney seconded. Motion passed unanimously 3-0

Item 2: Discussion and potential approval for Robinhood Estates/Holy Fire Channel.

President Corona stated we would sponsor 25% of the channel clean up at Robinhood Estates provided Team Rubicon can clean it out first. NRCS would pay for the remaining 75%. TEAM RCD’s 25% would not exceed $10,000 for this project. President Corona made a motion to approve no more than $10,000 as our 25% sponsorship for the Robinhood Estates project. Director Feeney seconded. Motion passed unanimously 3-0

Item 3: Discussion and potential approval for the Board to support Newt Parkes for open Director position.

President Corona explained that former Director Fleming had to resign due to health reasons. President Corona asked for a motion to support Associate Director Newt Parkes for the Board position in the third District. Director Kuhns made a motion to support Associate Director Newt Parkes for the open Director position. Director Feeney seconded. Motion passed unanimously 3-0.

Item 4: Tour of TEAM RCD Conservation Easements.

President Corona adjourned to the tour. No motion necessary.

VII. ADJOURNMENT

 

With no further business, President Corona made a motion to adjourn the meeting to the tour. Director Kuhns seconded. Motion passed unanimously 3-0. Meeting adjourned at 10:05 am. Tour was concluded at 12:30 pm.

 

 

 

_______________________________

Secretary/Treasurer

Go to top